-One Happy Family-

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy National's Day & Baby Ceremony

A very happy 44th birthday to Singapore.

Today's the day.
Fortune Baby Ceremony.
This ceremony is to recognise those babies that are already in their mummy's stomach (who are members) as a member of Soka.

Some of you might be wondering what is Soka.
A brief introduction of Soka -
Singapore Soka Association (SSA) is a buddhist organisation established to promote understanding and practice of Buddhism.
To know more about that, pls visit the blow link.
http://www.ssabuddhist.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=3&Itemid=40

I am very proud to be a Soka member. In the previous years, i have actively participate in their activity. One of the biggest events include, Chingay and National Day. I have joined the Chingay once and NDP 4 times.
I love participating in the NDP.
From Kallang Stadium to Padang and now to Marina - The Floating Platform.
In the year 2007, we were 1 of the 1st batch to be able to perform in the new performing ground - Marina, The Floating Platform. It was indeed a wonderous experience.
I can still remember vividly those days. The practices, NE shows and Fireworks. That year fireworks was 1 of the most beautiful one. I was very proud to be part of this event. I remember me getting emotional about it. When the grand finale came. I was on the brinks of crying. But i hold back. It's a joyous day afterall.

The day did not go well.
We woke up late.
Luckily Ah yee call me. If not, we will miss this special day. I call it, 'Joshua's Day'.
I am also very thankful to the Young Lion whom help me with registration. As the letter stated that i must register before 9.30 a.m. But we woke up at 9.00 a.m. So late and so rush.
And not forgetting Ms Susan Tay. She was also very patient with me. Handling my qns with paitent. Very thankful to them.

Here's attached the photos:

Before the ceremony.


One Happy Family.


Baby's Joshua outfit for the day.














Ceremony starting.







Getting the Cert and beads from the Director, Mr Ong.



After the ceremony.














After the whole ceremony.
Mummy, Daddy, Ah yee, grandma & grand ah yee went to Expo.
The weather is damn hot. Baby Joshua is sweating all the way. Poor thing.
Expo have got Metro sale. I realised that all the Expo sale is quite similar. Plenty of clothes, bags and shoes. And of cos got baby items too. Grand Ah yee brought Baby Joshua 4 psc of baby clothing for Baby Joshua. Very nice of her. Thank you!
While walking around, we saw this nursing pillow. I have seen it somewhere before that it can be use as a support too. Another cheaper alternative of the Jumbo seat.
But we did not buy it. But it's only $29. Very cheap!




After the Expo. We went back home.
Tonight's Ah Chow birthday. 80th birthday.
As usual, very warm in Ah Chow's house. Baby Joshua cranky again. Might be too wam in there. And he was also very sleepy. He only slpt 1/2 hr at home. And he woke up very early for the ceremony. Poor thing!
Reach Grandauntie house at 10.00 p.m. Wipe him with a cloth and let him drink milk before tucking him to bed.
For the 3rd consecutive day, we went with uncle and ah yee to the moive- G.I. Joe, The Rise of The Cobra.
Attached is the moive review link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home